Holiday Gift Giving Guide 2018
As the holidays rapidly approach, I am going to share some of my favorite gift ideas A.K.A. Erin’s Favorite Things 🙂 This is for anyone that might be “hard to shop for” or if you just don’t have time to do a lot of shopping in the mall and aren’t sure which websites to go to. The first list is full of luxurious gifts for a special woman in your life that deserves to be spoiled! Whether a girlfriend, special friend, wife, mother or sister, we all have that one extra special person that needs to be shown just how important they are and how much we appreciate everything they do for us throughout the year.
The second list is full of DIY gifts that can be made in bulk, and have items that ANYONE will love! Teachers, babysitters, your mother-in-law, co-workers, good friends, etc., there isn’t a woman (or MAN!) out there who doesn’t love to be pampered every now and then. These are easy to assemble and many of the items can be found at Target, Wal-Mart, or the dollar store. The thing to keep in mind about gift boxes – sometimes they get the stigma that they are a cheaper solution or generic, but when you fill them with quality items that are curated to the recipient’s personal style, they make thoughtful and much appreciated gifts.
My Favorite Luxury Gifts of 2018
- Kate Spade Cameron Street Maise Handbag
- This purse is the perfect size and shape that will appeal to many different women. Versatile and classic (not to mention classy) the two colors offered are black and tusk and go with nearly any outfit that she will put on. This handbag happens to be on sale, but for another option, the Cameron Street Lottie is available in more colors.
- Frye Melissa Riding Boot
- Although some might argue that having the perfect tall black boot is optional, I am going to say it is a necessity! These knee high leather boot made by Frye is a high quality, gorgeous piece of footwear that she will love and wear for years to come. Not only does this make an awesome gift, but it is a staple in any woman’s closet.
- J.Crew Glittens
- These gloves/mittens in a cashmere blend are both luxurious and functional (are you seeing a theme yet?). From personal experience, I have found that I lose my gloves at least once a year and although I usually find them again, I like to have a back-up pair (or two!). For most people, winter means cold weather and dry skin, so having a nice pair of glittens is a perfect way to keep a special woman warm and cozy, while staying stylish.
- Signature Candle from Anthropologie
- These candles are hands down some of the best and more beautiful candles out there, just take a look at all the gorgeous containers that they offer. The signature scent “Volcano” that is combinations of tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons and limes infused with exotic mountain greens is one that any woman will love. It’s sophisticated fragrance and long lasting burn time will make her smile when she opens this gift.
- Personalized Jewelry
- While jewelry is always hard to buy for others because it is subject to personal style, personalized jewelry is ALWAYS a good idea. From a mother’s necklace to monogram jewelry, it’s so easy to curate it to someone’s style, just by keeping it meaningful. Some of my favorite custom jewelry pieces are this 3D Engraved Bar Necklace and this Charm Name Choker. If you’re looking for a simple and less expensive option, this Delicate Monogram Necklace is perfect!
- Favorite Fragrance (A.K.A. Perfume)
- Whether she has a tried and true signature fragrance, or not she will appreciate the thoughtful gift of a luxury fragrance. From Narciso Rodriguez to Chanel, the beauty counter at a local department store will have the scent you are looking for. If you are more of an online shopper, try one from Anthropologie, Macy’s or Nordstrom (they even have a “find your perfect scent” finder).
It really is the thought that counts and any of these gifts are not only thoughtful, but also extremely versatile and classic. They aren’t style specific so they can go with nearly any outfit and be worn or used all year long (except of course the glittens). However, if you can’t commit to just one gift for someone, the next list is my favorite DIY gift baskets for 2018 including what to put in them and where to find it. They can be put in a variety of containers, after all, the container isn’t the important part, it’s what is inside. If you are really wanting to go over the top, you get bonus points for putting them in a container that can be used again, such as a cute storage container, tote bag, or wire basket.
Favorite DIY Gift Baskets of 2018
- Spa Day Gift Basket
- Some items to include would be: facial masks (Target has some great ones in the beauty department), bath salts, rollerball fragrance, candle, comfy socks, lotion, a soft blanket (for an upgraded basket), nail file or manicure set, bottle of wine, fingernail polish (my two favorite colors are Essie Lady Like and Sand Tropez)
- Coffee Lover’s Gift Basket
- Include some bags of your favorite coffee blends – if you’re not a coffee connoiseur, hit up a local coffee roaster or coffee shop for their recommendations. Things to keep in mind lighter roasts have higher caffeine content and I usually stick with ground coffee in case they don’t have a coffee grinder. Other things to add include: a monogrammed coffee mug, decorative coffee cup, cute dish towel, Starbuck’s (or other local coffee shop) gift card, baked goods (such as biscotti, muffins, or scones), book about coffee (or coffee humor), coffee candle or warm scents, wooden coffee stirrers, a coffee Christmas ornament, or a coffee measuring spoon.
- Wine Lover’s Gift Basket
- Things to include are: two wine glasses (bonus points for monogrammed glasses), a bottle of wine (or two), wine bottle opener, a cute dish towel, gourmet cheeses, a book on wine (there are great books filled with everything from wine humor to the history of wine or even how-to-make-wine books), candles, candle holders, bath/shower wine glass holder, and gourmet chocolates.
- Customized Gift Baskets
- I could go on and on with different themes for gift baskets, but ultimately it is always best to think about the person you are shopping for and customize it to their specific style and hobbies. A few things that work well with almost any gift basket are chocolates, candles, towels, and food or snacks. Don’t forget, gift baskets don’t need to be impersonal and a cheap solution to gift giving, they can be creative, customized and a high quality gift for someone without committing to only one single item as a gift.
One of my favorite things to do is making gift baskets. I don’t know why, but I think because it combines creativity, shopping, and the idea of enjoying all the items inside that make it so much fun and satisfying! If there was a job out there that included making gift baskets all day (all different themes) I think that it would be my perfect job. With these gift baskets there is so much potential, you can spend a lot or a little, make it fancy or keep it simple, and it makes a great gift either way.
I hope these gift ideas have helped you with your holiday shopping and if there is any amazing ideas that I’ve left off, please feel free to share them in the comments below! Happy Holidays, Xoxo!